The current Board of Governors Who we are: The International Thunderbird Class Association is the governing body of the Thunderbird Sailboat. The purpose of the organization is to promote and Read More ...
The 2023 Thunderbird International Championship Regatta will be held in Port Townsend from August 30th to September 3rd (Labor Day weekend). The Notice of Race has been posted and registration is open on Regatta Network (https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/25639). For those from outside the Pacific Northwest we are hoping that at least two loaner boats will be available.
Our goal is to have 20+ boats in competition. That means we have to get the word out. Please tell your fellow sailors!
Venue: The regatta this year will be based out of the Boat Haven marina in Port Townsend rather than Point Hudson. This is because the Port Townsend Sailing Association (PTSA) now has a clubhouse at Boat Haven and it will be the headquarters for the event. All of the sail measuring as well as all social events will be held there.
Moorage for out of town boats: Moorage will be available in the Boat Haven Marina. Three boats will be able to “raft” between other Birds on “Tbird Row”. We are handling the reservations for those spaces please let us know ASAP if you would like one. Beyond that there will be moorage available on an as-available basis as the time gets closer. The Port has agreed to work with us to make space available, but it will not be possible to reserve until the day of arrival. If you prefer to dock at the Point Hudson marina and drive or walk to Boat Haven for the Regatta events you are welcome to do so – please make your own reservations directly with the Port of Port Townsend.
Thanks everybody, this promises to be a fun event with some very competitive racing.
Questions to: Jim Heumann, PTSA, Fleet 33, Regatta Secretary – EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TBird Racing VideosDale Dunning from Fleet 33 in Port Townsend has done a series of videos from his boat Owl using a 360 camera and has posted them on YouTube. They include some pretty good commentary, and music too.
- Regatta Program from the 1983 InternationalsDownload a copy.
- West Coast Championship Regatta – Sept 4-5, 2022 – ResultsNine races were completed over two days. Day one saw light but steady winds from the SE and the race committee was able to pull off five races. On day two the winds were much stronger (15-20 kts.) The first two or three race saw mostly jibs being used, but most boats has switched to Read More …
- Raven Wins 2019 InternationalsTeam Raven from Port Townsend, sailing a loaner boat (Atomic Salsa), took three first place finishes on the last day of racing to win the 2019 Thunderbird International Championship Regatta in Boston. Congratulations to Steve Scharf, Jon Piskula, Simon Miles, Jeff Brantley, and Angie Brantley! To see the official results please visit the regatta web Read More …
- 2019 West Coast Championship RegattaFor details and to sign up, visit the event’s Regatta Network Site.